Campden BRI provides practical scientific, technical, legislative and information support to the food and drink, brewing and alcoholic beverages, and allied industries. Our services are underpinned by a strong programme of research and development, and include analysis and testing, product innovation, process validation, consultancy, auditing, and training.
Many of these activities are independently accredited and can be tailored to meet specific client needs. We also publish leading industry guidance on best practice and legislation.
Food technology experts
Our areas of expertise cover:
- Manufacturing technologies - food processing (heating, chilling, freezing), aseptic technology, microwave heating, malting and brewing, milling, baking and extrusion technology, and process control and instrumentation, packaging technology
- Safety assurance - including hygiene and sanitation, microbiology and preservation, processing technologies, analysis and testing (microbiological, chemical), and quality and safety management,
- Product development and quality, consumer studies, market insights, sensory science, authenticity testing, shelf-life evaluation, labelling and legislation
- Agri-food production, ingredients, raw materials, raw material technology.
- Underpinning science - cereal science, microbiology, chemistry and biochemistry, molecular biology
Food pilot process plant and laboratories
Our extensive infrastructure of facilities include:
- 3,000 sq m of laboratories for food and drink microbiology, hygiene, chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, brewing and cereal science, packaging technology and sensory and consumer studies
- 3,500 sq m food process hall and pilot plant including malting and brewing, retorting, chilling, milling, baking, hygiene and packaging
- 800 sq m of dedicated training and conference facilities
We also have a subsidiary company in Budapest, Hungary, from where we provide a wide range of consultancy, support and trouble-shooting activities to eastern Europe.
Member discounts and benefits
We are membership-based - with over 2,000 member companies across 60 countries. We work closely with these to ensure the industrial relevance of all our services. Members receive significant discounts on most of our activities and a range of other benefits:
- Free access to over 300 technical, scientific and legislative advisers for short enquiries
- Access to confidential member-funded research
- Emergency assistance 24/7
- Privileged access to member-only areas of the website
- Approximately 30% discount on most services, including training, publications and contract work.
Please contact us to find out more.